Lower Zambezi National Park
Where is it?
Chiawa Camp is located on the banks of the Zambezi river in a grove of mahogany and acacia trees. Chiawa was the first safari lodge in Zambia. To reach Chiawa, guests fly from Lusaka to Royal Airstrip from where the lodge is a 10 minute drive followed by a scenic 20 minute boat transfer. It is situated inside the Lower Zambezi National Park, on the banks of the Zambezi, overlooking Mana Pools. it is one of the most beautiful river locations in Zambia.
Why go there?
Voted as one of Africa`s Top 10 safari camps and awarded the Best Safari Guiding Team in Africa, Chiawa offers exceptional land and water based safaris including walking, 4x4, canoe and motor boat in one of the richest wildlife areas in Africa. They also offer, Tiger fishing and Photographic safaris. Chiawa Camp has two photographic hides and 2 game viewing decks. And with 1 guide for every 2 guests you get an INCREDIBLY special and personal experience.
9 large canvas tents. The tents all have timber floors and verandas with excellent views and are accessed by paths running behind them to maximise privacy. All share ample comforts, conveniences and unexpected luxuries such as free WiFi, 24/7 lighting and charging facilities (220v UK plugs), 24/7 hot & cold running water, king size beds, Egyptian cotton linens, his & hers washbasins, indoor and outdoor showers and ball & claw baths complemented by high quality, eco friendly amenities.
What can I do?
Day and Night safari drives
Catch and release angling
Absolutely amazing for anyone but so romantic and special for a wedding or a honeymoon. The following are just some of the wedding services that Chiawa can provide for you and for honeymooners. Let Chiawa surprise you with something special each day!
- Minister and all legalities organised in Zambia prior to wedding couple's arrival.
- Ceremony - either floating on a pontoon boat on the Zambezi River, on an island in the middle of the river, at Chiawa Camp overlooking the river or by a lagoon in the middle of the bush.
- The special Zambian Chiawa Choir will sing for you at the wedding ceremony/ Traditional African wedding songs.
- Bouquet made for Bride and Bridesmaids from roses in a colour of your choice
- Bush wedding cake or profiterole wedding tower.
- Drinks reception (Champagne and Pimms) on the observation deck after wedding
- Four course wedding lunch or dinner.
- Flower arrangements for wedding ceremony and around Chiawa Camp.
- Upgrade to Superior tent for Bride and Groom.
- Accommodation and activities arranged for all guests - so Bride and Groom can relax!
- Special honeymoon dinner on deck of honeymoon suite on the night after the wedding.
- Up to 16 guests can stay at Chiawa Camp, however we can arrange nearby accommodation in surrounding camps for bigger wedding parties.