Chongwe Safaris offer a striking collection of camps and lodges including Chongwe River Camp and River House, Tsika Island and Kasaka River Lodge. Superbly located in Zambia's Lower Zambezi valley, one of Africa's great wilderness areas.
Location : Unrivalled locations, Chongwe River Camp and Chongwe River House are opposite Mana Pools and look onto the confluence of the Chongwe and Zambezi rivers, with the mountains of the escarpment to the north.
Chongwe Safaris - Zambia
Chongwe River Camp
Accommodation & Facilities at Chongwe River Camp :
• 8 x Classic Tented Chalets – either doubles or twins with large outdoor en-suite and own private verandahs overlooking the river with uninterrupted views of the water and bush beyond. Swimming pool for all guests.
• 2 x Suites – Albida & Cassia – each occupying individual prime positions at the confluence of the rivers.
Both houses have custom designed octagonal rooms with gauze winders on seven sides of the tent. Rich interiors combine organic African textiles, antiques and rich hardwoods with adjoining open-air bathrooms under tented canopies. This luxury accommodation provides butler service and dining option for privacy and is the quintessential romantic or family retreat.
Albida – 2 x bedrooms facing the river, with outside bathroom underneath tented canopy. Gardens are set on either side of a private dining & lounge area, complete with bar fridge, plunge pool & fire pit. Ideal for families or friends travelling together.
Cassia – one bedroom exclusive suite facing river, with adjoining bathroom featuring Victorian style ball & claw bathtub and intimate rainfall-style shower under tented canopy. This exclusive tented suite has a lounge with sofas toward the front, with a private pool, set at the edge of the river. Cassia suite offers privacy and the most romantic setting for honeymoon couples.
Chongwe River House
Accommodation & Facilities at Chongwe River House :
• Uniquely designed two storey house - 4 large bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms with showers and bathtub either outdoors or bath facing the balcony if upstairs.
• Spacious dining & lounge, free-form infinity pool and large verandah with outstanding river & mountain views.
• To tailor a private safari, the house is fully staffed with private guide (& vehicle), chef and house manager. • Activities are exclusive to house guests & meals times designed to suit individual group requirement.
• Chongwe River House represents the ultimate exclusive bush experience for large families or small groups.
• 2011 Winner for “Best Safari House in Africa” at the Good Safari Guide Awards.
Accommodation & Facilities at Tsika Island :
• Bush camp – three bush rooms with ensuite facilities.
• Located on stunning Tsika Island, about 35 kms upstream from Chongwe.
• Offering an extraordinary option to combine a 2-5 day canoe safari with an authentic cultural experience.
• A community partnership project successfully exists with the nearby village of Muguremeno.
• The Chiawa community has pledged exclusive use of Tsika Island to Chongwe, which in turn has pledged $50 of each bed night to directly benefit the community.
Kasaka River Lodge
Accommodation & Facilities at Kasaka River Lodge :
• Authentic twenty bed tented bush camp is nestled on the banks of the Zambezi with breathtaking views.
• Situated in the Chiawa Game Management area, only four kms from the Park.
• Ideal for families and offering great value safaris, this Kasaka is Chongwe Safaris recently acquired this well established lodge, with the philosophy of combining a tranquil, off the beaten track destination, with support of the local environment, culture and natural resources.
• New management and guides, together with recent improvements to the lodge, ensures a special safari option at outstanding value. Included Activities
• Guided game drives both day & night
• Guided canoeing on the Zambezi
• Fishing (equipment provided)
• Boat cruises
• Bush picnics & sundowners
• Bird watching & guided bush walks
• Community visits in a region of rich cultural heritage